New Craft Breweries Spotlight
The whole point of Bottle to Barrel is to showcase the journey of going from a homebrewer bottling one beer at a time to going pro and producing barrels for the masses. I still have a ton of knowledge and money to earn before I get there. That’s why I’m calling on the homebrewers who have recently gone pro to share their wisdom. Most homebrewers will enjoy learning your story and us dreamers will appreciate the leg up for when we go pro.
That said, I’d like to run a weekly post on featuring new craft breweries big and small. I’ll send out a list of questions to several new establishments and see who responds. The questions include a mix of personal as well as business-related ones. Answer whichever ones you want and give us your brewery story. Finally, don’t forget to include your logo as well as some behind the scenes pictures.
- What was your first beer?
- Favorite / least favorite beer and style?
- What was your first job in the brewing industry?
- What was the spark that made you want to get into brewing?
- Favorite ingredient or something you’ve always wanted to put in a beer?
- What was the biggest roadblock you ran into when opening your brewery?
- How much did it cost to get things up and running for your first commercial batch?
- Do you have any tips for getting a start in the brewing industry?
- Are you going the distribution or tap room route or both?
- What do you see for the future of the craft beer industry?
Finally, tell us anything and everything you want us to know about your brewery. Share whatever you want from medals to what styles your brewery focuses on.
Homebrewers and recent startups, feel free to email me if you have suggestions for questions!